Recommended Silicone Spatulas for soap making
Silicone Spatula Set – Rubber Spatula – 600°F Heat Resistant
- Small and large-sized heat resistant spatulas, plus heat resistant large-sized spoon-style spatula
- Premium grade silicone and BPA free, high heat resistant up to 600°F safe for both coated and non-stick cookware
- Internal robust steel core designed for extra strength, flexible and durable silicone head for tight spots yet sturdy enough for tough mixing
- Hygienic seamless one-piece design easy to clean/dishwasher safe and stain/odor resistant
The spatula is such a simple tool yet so essential to soap making and candle making. Choosing the right spatula for the job is key and will make your job much easier.
What you must avoid is using the wrong type of spatula. This can include using wooden or aluminium spatulas. Wood has tiny crevasses that your soap or wax will get into while aluminium reacts with lye in cold process soap making.
Silicone spatulas with a metal internal structure have proven to be the best and most durable spatula to use for candle and soap making.
We use a few different sizes and shapes for our processes of candle an soap making and we found them to work best for the job at hand
Recommended Whisk for soap making
11-Inch Balloon Whisk
- Balloon shape is perfect for whipping and aerating ingredients
- Innovative handle shape fits comfortably in the palm of your hand
- Polished stainless steel wires
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip handle
- Dishwasher Safe
A good tool to have when soap making is a good whisk. This tool works well when mixing your lye water solution. While the spatula can be used, a dedicated whisk works better and helps with your work flow.
Just like the spatula, you want to ensure you have the right type of whisk for soap making. Avoid aluminium materials especially because you will be using the whisk to mix your lye water solution.
Lye and aluminium reacts with each other and you could have bits of aluminium in your soap as a result.
We have found that a good steel whisk works best for this purpose and recommend you find one that is well suited to your needs.
There are some that have a silicone covering on the ends, while this is fine however just ensure that the core material is steel.